What is a Religious Vocation?
A religious vocation is a call from God to share intimately in His inner life of love. Your religious vocation is His invitation for you to share in saving the world. If this call is that nagging tug on the heart, then it must be followed.
How do you know if you have a religious vocation?
- Are you longing for something different in your life?
- Has God touched your life in a way that makes you wonder in awe?
- Do you have a desire to live a life of prayer and service for others?
- Are you willing to go anywhere to announce the Good News of God's love?
Take the initiative to learn about religious life:
- The charisms of several religious orders, their ministry, their community lifestyle.
- Be pro-active in researching Orders on the internet, in person, learning what others say about them.
- Grow in understanding of the spiritual experience through regular meetings with a spiritual companion.
- Make daily prayer a habitual practice toward assisting in a decision with a spiritual director.
- Make an application to the Order's Formation Personnel
For more information, please contact: