Mission Resource Center
The Mission Resource Center was begun in the autumn of 1988 as a missionary, educational and collaborative project. Its purpose is threefold:
- to promote mission education and awareness in the local Church
- to promote on-going mission education among ourselves as FMM
- to collaborate with other groups, especially ecumenically, in promoting mission education, awareness and research.
The understanding of mission underlying the orientation of the MRC contains the following elements:
- mission is the central vitality of the Holy Spirit in the life of a Christian community, directed communicating the Gospel message;
- mission is local and universal; our FMM presence in a place is especially, although not exclusively, directed toward opening to the universal;
- mission is a path of dialogue, discernment and collaboration in God's project; we try to live mission in this way, allowing new contacts and situations to question us;
- mission involves a commitment to justice, to peace and to promoting the care of all creation;
- mission invloves contributing to the creation of communion among all peoples in view of the Reign of God.
The MRC works in collaboration wtih Bethany Retreat Center and the Communications Office - both programs of the FMM United States Province. Together we are seeking ways to respond to the new situations in our context of mission. At present we are trying to discern critical issues and questions for mission in the context of current events and developments. This provides the basis for the various programs we carry out as FMM and in collaboration with others.
For more information:
MISSION RESOURCE CENTER
399 Fruit Hill Avenue
Phone: (401)353-5800 ext 136
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.