- Franciscan Missionaries of Mary choose to share in the life of the people to whom they are sent. Since the itme of their foundation this entails, at times, being sent to the most distant and even dangerous places of mission.
- Communication of the Gospel Message is the first aim of the FMM. They witness to the Gospel by their lives no matter where they are or what they do.
- When a foundation takes place in a new country, ministries are begun which answer to the needs of the people or the local church.
- The missionary orientation of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary is marked by a commitment to justice, peace and integrity of creation. Ecumenical collaboration and dialogue with all persons sincerely seeking truth and justice characterize their way of mission throughout the world. as they strice to build the Reign of God.
Following the thrust of its mission statement, the Province encourages and support a variety of ministries, including:
- Pastoral: parish administration, coordination of religious education, music, retreat and renewal programs
- Health care: hospitals, nursing facilities, assisted living, home care
- Communication and publication, web page
- Education: primary, adult, religious, art, ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation
- Mission: ecumenical collaboration, research, education
Listed are a few of the programs offered by the Franciscan MIssionaries of Mary. Our Programs are designed to spread a little joy and compassion throughout our community.
- Bethany Renewal Center
- The Mission Resource Center
- Justice, Peace and Intergrity of Creation
- The FMM Assisted Living Residence
- Fruit Hill Day Services for Elderly
- Franciscan Hospital for Children
- Cardinal Hayes Home for Children
- St. Francis Hospital
- Art Studio
- Expressive Arts Studio