Sr. Catherine Boudreau, fmm
Sr. Cathy Boudreau entered the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary on December 12, 1945 in the Holy Family Novitiate N. Providence. After pronouncing her first vows in June of 1948, she was sent in mission to East Boston, then to Kennedy Memorial Hospital, now known as Franciscan Hospital for Children. She made her final vows in June 1951 in Holy Family Chapel. After completing her studies in nursing she was missioned to St. Francis Hospital in Roslyn, N.Y. serving as Director of Nursing. In 1969 she was sent to Indonesia and missioned to the Island of Flores.
Sister Mary Elizabeth Cook entered the Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary on March 15, 1952 at North Providence. After pronouncing her Final Vows on September 17, 1957, Sr. Mary served in various community works while studying part time at Rhode Island College. In 1959 she was sent in mission to Goa, stopping off several months in Rome and also in Karachi, Pakistan before reaching her final destination. In Caranzalem, Goa, she served as a teacher's assistant in the Montessori program of O. L. of Rosary School. She also visited the people in the villages and was sacristan of the village Chapel. Later, she was sent to Bombay, India to St. Anthony's Home where she helped with the babies in the crèche. Most of Sr, Mary’s ministries have been caring for children and hospitality. She studied as a nursing assistant and served in the FMM Nursing Center . Her present ministry is assisting in hospitality and other community service.
Sister Frances Falk entered the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary on March 19, 1952 in North Providence , RI. She pronounced her First Vows on March 19,1954 and her Final Vows on March 19, 1957. After First Vows in 1954 at Fruit Hill, Frances was sent to Boston to study at Emmanuel College. Final Vows were received by Cardinal Cushing three years later at St. Clements Shrine in Boston. Her first mission sending was to Espirito Santo School in Fall River, Massachusetts where she taught fourth graders for four years. The fifth year, she attended Boston College full time to earn a master’s degree in religious education. The years following took her overseas to ministry as a teacher and headmistress. For seven and one half years she ministered in the FMM training college and secondary schools in South India and New Delhi. In 1972 she returned to the United States for two years and then was sent to her second overseas mission in Ghana, West Africa to be part of the faculty of the Pastoral Institute there. Her stay in Africa was cut short when four years later ill health brought her back to the USA. After her recovery, she obtained a Masters of Fine Arts degree. Her ministry in Expressive Arts has continued throughout her religious life.
Sr. Margaret Lois Houlihan , fmm
Sr. Margaret Lois Houlihan entered the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary on March 16, 1947, in the 45th St. New York convent. She made her First Vows on Sept.17, 1949, and Final Vows on Sept. 17, 1952 in North Providence. Throughout her religious life she has had diverse ministries: as a linotype operator in The FMM Printing Press, music director, composer, Montessori teacher in the St Raphael Nursery, Bell St; Certified Nursing Assistant in St. Anne's Hospital, Fall River, MA. She was sent in mission to St. Teresa High School in Monrovia, Liberia, and also taught in the university and was the music director. She served in chaplaincy to higher government institutions in Kumasi, Ghana. In the USA, she served as the coordinator for Brooklyn Homeless Program and gave Music-imagery therapy in Francis House for persons suffering with AIDS. She volunteered in a child care facility and at St. Francis Center in Providence, RI. Her current ministry is librarian for the communities at Fruit Hill.
Sr. Helen Mary Riordan, fmm, entered the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary on September 16, 1946 in Holy Family Novitiate North Providence. She made her first vows on March 19, 1949, and her final vows on March 19, 1952 in Holy Family Chapel, North Providence. After completing studies in nursing, she was sent in mission to St. Francis Sanatorium in Roslyn where she cared for children with rheumatic fever. She served by nursing in the Franciscan Hospital for Children, formerly called Kennedy Memorial Hospital, Brighton, Ma., the FMM Nursing Center and Fruit Hill Day Center for Elderly. Later, her ministry was receptionist and doing other community services in St. Francis Convent, Roslyn, NY. At present, her ministry at Fruit Hill is intercessory prayer for the Church and the world, and occasionally writing to her legislators about matters of concern.
Sister Margaret I. Haydon entered the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary in North Providence, R.I. on June 13, 1937 and had her final profession on December 15, 1942. She began nursing studies in 1940 at St. Anne’s School of Nursing in Fall River, Ma. After obtaining her license as a registered nurse, she was sent in mission to Cardinal Hayes Home for Children in Millbrook, N.Y. as the nurse for the Home. All of her subsequent ministries were in nursing, alternating among the four Franciscan Missionaries of Mary Child Care facilities - Cardinal Hayes Home for Children, McMahon Child Care Home, Divine Providence Child Care Home in Manhattan, N.Y. and St. Francis Sanatorium in Roslyn, N.Y. which was devoted to the care of children with rheumatic fever. December 1965, she was sent in mission to Cuatitlan, Mexico and subsequently to other communities in Union Hidalgo, Motozintla Chiapas. Michoacán San Pedro, Leon Rancho Alvernia, and Honduras Siltepec Chiapas serving always as a nurse. She was and still is fluent in both Spanish and the dialect of Zapoteco. Missioned back to the United States, her ministries were in Pastoral care in Divine Providence Shelter, Manhattan, N.Y., St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, N.Y. and in Roger Williams Hospital, Providence. Her present ministry as a resident of St. Antoine’s Residence is intercessory prayer for the Church and the world.